How to Meditate workshop
Equip yourself with simple and practical techniques to help you relax and better manage stress
The next How to Meditate workshop is on Sunday 13 November.
The How to Meditate Workshop is a summarised version of the 8 week Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) course. You’ll learn:
- The basic principles of meditation and mindfulness
- Practical mindfulness exercises you can incorporate into your day-to-day life to help you relax and focus better, and better manage stress and anxiety
- How to guide yourself through a breath and body scan meditation to bring you back to balance and / or help you fall asleep.
Sunday 13 November, 1-4pm
BodyFit Yoga and Pilates, 42b Aitkin Street, Gisborne
What to expect from the How to Meditate workshop
- Group of 8 – 18 people – mums, dads, nurses, hairdressers, university students, managers, teachers
- Guided meditations
- Question and answer sessions
- Short presentations
- Group discussions
- A combination of meditation practice and theory
- Meditations on chairs, lying down and/or seated on the ground.
Sign up to our e-newsletter.
Info on upcoming events and courses, as well as tips on improving mental health and wellbeing.